MAC 973 Water Based Semi-Permanent Release Agent
Description:MAC-973 is a water based, translucent, milky-white emulsion of a film forming resin that will cure to form a clear, colorless coating designed to release rotational molded parts and materials. It will provide outstanding release, anti-stick and lubricity properties. It will provide a clean, nonoily, chemically inert and thermally stable release film. Excellent release for all types of rotational molded parts where controlled release is important.
- Color and appearance................Translucent, milky-white emulsion
- Dispersing medium.....................Water
- Specific gravity............................1.0
- Weight per gallon (lbs.)..............8.3
- MAC-973 should be applied as received to a clean, dry mold surface. No dilution is required. It can be applied to a hot or cold mold surface, but preheating the mold to at least 200º F, will facilitate evaporation of the water and speed up the dry time.
- Proper application of the release coating is critical to achieve the maximum release-per-application performance attributes. The mold should be cleaned with a suitable solvent or abrasive cleaner to remove previous release coatings and any part material contamination. Application of a thin, even coating over the entire mold surface can be accomplished by wiping with a soft cotton cloth or spraying a fine mist. Allow to dry and apply a second coating on new tools. Coat the entire surface to be treated but do not over-apply. Proceed to mold parts as usual.
- MAC-973 can be reapplied as needed.
Safety and Handling:
- The Material Safety Data Sheet for MAC-973 should be reviewed before using the product.
- None of the ingredients in MAC-973 are considered hazardous; however, good industrial practice suggests the use of safety glasses and gloves.
- Product should be protected from freezing. Container should be kept covered to prevent evaporation and eliminate any product contamination.
Availability1 Gallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drums, 275 Gallon Totes
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.