MAC 973 Water Based Mold Release Agent for Composites
Description:MAC-973 is a water based, milky-white, translucent emulsion of a film forming resin that will cure to form a clear, colorless coating designed for epoxy, polyester, thermoplastic, thermoset resins and fiberglass laminates. It will provide outstanding release, anti-stick and lubricity properties.
- Color and appearance................Translucent, milky-white liquid
- Dispersing medium.....................Water
- Specific gravity............................1.0
- Weight per gallon (lbs.).............. 8.32
- Proper application of the release coating is critical to achieve the maximum release-per-application performance attributes. The mold should be cleaned with a suitable solvent or abrasive cleaner to remove previous release coatings and any part material contamination. McLube Mold Cleaner may be used. Application can be accomplished by wiping with a soft cotton cloth or spraying a fine mist to produce a thin, even film coating over the entire mold surface. Allow to dry and apply a second coating on new tools. Coat the entire surface to be treated but do not over apply. Proceed to mold your part as usual. MAC-973 can be reapplied as needed.
Safety and Handling:
- The Material Safety Data Sheet for MAC-973 should be reviewed before using the product.
- None of the ingredients in MAC-973 are considered hazardous; however, good industrial practices suggest the use of safety glasses and gloves.
- Product should be protected from freezing.
- Container should be kept covered to prevent evaporation and eliminate any product contamination.
AvailabilityGallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum, 275 Gallon Totes.
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.