MAC 170N Water Based Anti-Stick / Pan Cure Coating
Description:MAC-170N Pan Cure Coating is a water based dispersion of Polytetrafluoroethylene(PTFE). Provides a dry, colorless film with a very low coefficient of friction and excellent lubricating properties. Intended for use as a anti-tack coating for cured and uncured rubber.
- Color and appearance................Thick, white fluid dispersion
- Dispersing medium.....................Water
- Specific gravity............................1.0
- Weight per gallon (lbs.)..............8.3
- For open steam or pan curing of hose complete drying may not be necessary but is preferred. Excessive coating levels should be avoided to prevent buildup on cure pans or rolls. For uncured hose spraying or flow coating is recommended. Optimum dilution rate will vary depending on compound or process. Evaluations should be run to determine the concentration that gives the desired anti-stick properties.
Safety and Handling:
The Material Safety Data Sheet for MAC-170N should be reviewed prior to use of the product. The solid active ingredients in MAC-170N are essentially nontoxic but heating above 550°F may result in the formation of potentially harmful substances. Smoking should not be permitted while using the product and contamination of tobacco products with MAC-170N should be avoided. Safety glasses and gloves are recommended when using this product. Freezing temperatures should be avoided but if freezing occurs it is possible to restore product uniformity with mechanical agitation.
AvailabilityGallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum, 275 Gallon Totes.
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.