MAC 419 Water Based Anti-Stick Coating
Description:MAC-419 is a water dilutable emulsion of a fluorochemical/ resin mixture intended for use as a release coating in rubber molding processes and as an anti-tack coating for uncured rubber. This product represents an economically attractive replacement for the conventional release and anti-stick/ anti-tack agents used in the rubber industry and at the same time offers superior properties to such agents.
- Color and Appearance..........Opaque, white to off-white emulsion
- Dispersing Medium...............Water
- Specific Gravity....…….............1.02
- Weight per gallon (lbs.).........8.5
- Optimum performance in using MAC-419 as an anti-stick coating for uncured rubber is achieved if the diluted product is applied to a hot rubber surface. If the surface is not hot enough forced drying using hot air or heat lamps is suggested. Spraying, flow coating or dipping can be used to apply the diluted dispersion.
- For open steam or pan curing of hose complete drying may not be necessary but is preferred. Excessive coating levels should be avoided to prevent buildup on cure pans or rolls. Spraying or flow coating for uncured hose is recommended. Optimum dilution rate will vary depending on compound or process. Evaluations should be run to find the concentration that gives the desired anti-stick properties.
Safety and Handling:
A Material Safety Data Sheet for MAC-419 should be reviewed prior to using the product. MAC-419 has a very low order of toxicity; however, good industrial hygiene practices should be observed. Safety glasses and gloves are recommended when using this product. Freezing of the product should also be avoided.
AvailabilityGallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum, 275 Gallon Totes.
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.