McLube 1802H Food Grade Mandrel Lubricant
Description:Food Grade Mandrel Lubricant. Solvent based dispersion of polyermeric material that will provide a durable, dry, colorless film with a very low coefficient of friction and excellent lubricating properties. Allows for the easy removal of mandrel built hose products. Performs extremely well as a mandrel sealer. High solids content.
- Color and appearance................Clear, Colorless Liquid
- Dispersing medium.....................Solvent - heptane
- Specific gravity............................0.72
- Weight per gallon (lbs.)..............6.03
- McLube 1802H food grade mandrel lubricant is intended to be applied as received. Start with a clean, dry mandrel. All previously used mandrel lubricants and any compound residue should be removed by an appropriate method. McLube Mold Cleaner may be used. Application of McLube 1802H can be accomplished by spraying, wiping, dipping or flow coating a thin, even film over the entire mandrel surface. For previously uncoated mandrels, two coats should be applied. Once the mandrel has cycled through the system once, only one coating need be applied. A coating of McLube 1830 will dry in less than a minute.
- If McLube 1802H is too viscous for a particular application and results in a thicker film than is desired, McLube 1804H, a diluted version (1:1) of McLube 1802H, may be used. To prepare dilutions of McLube 1802H suitable solvents such as heptane may be used.
Safety and Handling:
The Material Safety Data Sheet for McLube 1802H mandrel lubricant should be reviewed prior to using the product. The precautions to be observed in handling McLube 1802H are those related to the solvent in the product - heptane. This solvent is flammable, and thus, the product should be kept away from heat, sparks, flames or other ignition sources. Use only with adequate ventilation, especially in enclosed areas. Safety glasses and gloves are recommended when using this product.
AvailabilityGallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum.
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.