MAC 838 Semi-Permanent Water Based Fluoropolymer Release Film
Description:MAC-838 is an aqueous solution of a fluoropolymer that will not settle on standing. It provides a durable, semi-permanent type release film that will not transfer to molded parts. MAC-838 provides a dry, colorless coating, which is particularly effective in releasing polyurethane foams.
- Color and appearance................Clear,yellow solution
- Dispersing medium.....................Water
- Specific gravity............................1.0
- Weight per gallon (lbs.)..............8.32
MAC-838 can be applied as received, or diluted with one to four parts of deionized or distilled water to meet specific production needs. All previously used release coatings and
compound residue should be removed by an appropriate method. McLube Mold Cleaner may be used. A clean surface will assure proper adherence of MAC-838 to the mold surface. MAC-838 should be applied to a heated mold surface, 200ºF (93ºC) or higher, to allow the
coating to dry quickly. To assure complete coverage, a second coat is recommended.
Safety and Handling:
- The Material Safety Data Sheet for MAC-838 should be reviewed prior to using the product.
- MAC-838 has a low order of toxicity; however, as with any industrial product, care should be exercised when handling. Safety glasses and gloves are recommended when using this product.
- Freezing of the product should be avoided.
AvailabilityGallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum, 275 Gallon Totes.
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.