McLube 1725L PTFE Mold Release Agent
Description:White translucent PTFE release coating and lubricant which works well with a variety of composite materials and processes with the added benefit of protecting mold surfaces from corrosion when in storage. Requires no curing step.
- Color and appearance................White, translucent dispersion
- Dispersing medium.....................Solvent blend-heptane, ethanol, butyl acetate
- Specific gravity............................0.78
- Weight per gallon (lbs.)..............6.5
- The surface to be coated should be clean and free from grease, oil, dirt and particularly all traces of prior release agents.
- A solvent cleaner such as McLube Mold Cleaner can be used.
- McLube 1725L is intended for use as received. Since McLube 1725L is a dispersion of solid particles, it must be mixed prior to and periodically during use. Any conventional method can be used for application - spraying, dipping, wiping or brushing. On a fresh mold, a thin, even coating should be applied, followed by a second coat once the solvent has evaporated from the first. For the first few cycles, coating the mold each cycle is suggested, but once conditioned, several cycles should be obtainable, and molds should stay cleaner longer.
- As a mold protective coating, McLube 1725L should be applied immediately after the mold has been cleaned; two coats are suggested. When the mold is taken from storage, it can be returned to the press without cleaning, although wiping with a soft cloth is suggested.
Safety and Handling:
- The Material Safety Data Sheet for McLube 1725L should be reviewed before using the product.
- The precautions to be observed in handling McLube 1725L are those related to the solvent blend in the product - heptane, ethanol, butyl acetate. These solvents are flammable, and thus, the product should be kept away from heat, sparks and flames. Use only with adequate ventilation, especially in enclosed areas. The active ingredient is essentially nontoxic, but heating it above 550°F, may cause formation of potentially harmful substances. Smoking should not be permitted while using McLube 1725L, and contamination of tobacco products should be avoided. Safety glasses and gloves are recommended when using this product.
Availability12 oz. Spray Can, Gallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.