McLube 1733H PTFE Mold Release Agent and Lubricant
Description:McLube 1733H is a solvent dispersion of a solid active ingredient which produces a dry colorless coating exhibiting excellent release/anti-stick characteristics. The coating is flexible and is particularly suited for use on nonmetallic molds such as epoxy, polyester, or silicone, as well as on metal molds. It is especially effective for release of polyurethane compounds and polyester or epoxy fiberglass composites.
- Color and appearance................White, translucent dispersion
- Dispersing medium.....................Heptane
- Specific gravity............................0.73
- Weight per gallon (lbs.)..............6.1
- The surface to be coated should be clean and free from grease, oil, dirt and particularly all traces of prior release agents.
- A solvent cleaner such as McLube Mold Cleaner may be used.
- McLube 1733H is intended for use as received. Since McLube 1733H is a dispersion of solid particles, it must be mixed prior to use and periodically during use. Any conventional method can be used for application - spraying, dipping, wiping, or brushing. On a fresh mold a thin even coating should be applied. Follow with a second coat once the solvent from the first coat has evaporated. For the first few cycles coating the mold each cycle is suggested. Once conditioned, several cycles should be obtainable, and molds should stay clean longer.
- Product is particularly effective in reducing buildup of resins, inks and adhesives.
Safety and Handling:
- The Material Safety Data Sheet should be reviewed before using McLube 1733H.
- The precautions to be observed in handling McLube 1733H are those related to heptane, the solvent contain in the product. This solvent is flammable, and thus, the product should be kept away from heat, sparks, and flames. Use only with adequate ventilation, especially in enclosed areas. The active ingredient is essentially nontoxic but heating it above 550°F may cause formation of potentially harmful substances. Smoking should not be permitted while using McLube 1733H, and contamination of tobacco products should be avoided. Safety glasses and gloves are recommended when using this product.
Availability12 oz. Spray Can, Gallon Container, 5 Gallon Pail, 55 Gallon Drum
For expert technical assistance in selecting the optimum product to meet your specific requirements, and be convinced of the benefits of McLube lubricant coatings, we recommend you evaluate the appropriate product under your specific conditions. Samples and technical assistance are available, as well as custom formulations that suggest themselves for a specific application.